Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Goodbye to the Ghetto for 2005!

I sit here in the Ghetto, on the edge of London's Regent Park Estate, with bags packed, room hoovered, wardrobe emptied.

A train ticket lies on my desk which states that at 12.30, I'll be departing for Beeston, Nottingham from St Pancras station, 20 minutes walk away... (Might get the bus, got a lot of stuff...)














It's been an amazing year. Since moving down to London in January, my entire life has changed... for the better!

Not that I haven't missed my family in Nottingham, but this year feels like it's been the start of my adult life (!) Whatever that means!

It always takes time to settle into a new place, and over the past three months I've met new friends and felt like I know my way around London like never before. Hell, I've even started saying hello to the people who work at the gym, I've been frequenting for 5 months! Amazing.

Then there's been work (that dreaded thing) which is looking positive (got work at VEE-TV until May, touch wood!)

Other things which were great in 2005...

Those 6 days in Sweden with Stevie D, Steve Brown, and Laura

The scripwriting course (Sept-Dec) and all that talk of 'chinamen' (random events in films)

Eating at great restaurants in the area... Navarro's (Spanish Tapas) African Kitchen Gallery (Jerk Chicken) Mestizo's (traditional Mexican)...

My 24th Birthday party at 4th Street bar in August (thanks to all who came!)

The end of year review (only last Friday, this will be blogged imminently!) with George, Zhao, Tom and Phil.

Starting THE SCRIBBLER! Of course! Back in July, it's been 6 months of blogged madness, but looking back over the year, it's been a pretty good one, methinks!

And there's plenty more... that day in the Tate (and the Darren Almond, ahem!), Ghetto cricket, Ghetto boules... it goes on!

So these next few weeks will be dedicated not only to Christmas, but also to a retrospective of some of the year's 'funniest' snippets and snaps. And Scribbles.

Put short, I'm going to take the Mickey Rourke out of myself. Not that I haven't been for oh, the last 24 years of my humble life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home