Sunday, May 14, 2006

Well it's been a busy week.

First off, I finished working at VEE-TV. Sniff! One week ago Friday, to be exact. It was a sad, sad day.

Secondly, I had to move out of the Ghetto on Sunday. Not because I'd trashed my room or anything like that. No, George and Claire (darn them) decided to go travelling. Not thinking about Zhao and I at all, of course.

So no job, no abode... what's a man to do?

Well, find a job, then find a flat I guess. Simultaneously.Only, that turned out to be a lot easier said than done.

In a blind panic, I searched for affordable (ha!) 2 bedroom flats in London, and got thoroughly messed around for my trouble. In desperation, I took a part-time job in a furniture shop on Marylebone High Street. As you do.

Then the tide turned. As the clock ticked down, I got a flat and a job offer in the same day.

Best of all, I managed to get the flat a bit cheaper than it should have been. I love it when that happens.

Now I'm facing a week in between, moving out of the Ghetto Sunday, and moving into the new flat on Saturday. Where to stay in between? A cardboard box under Euston station. But only for one week, so it could be worse. in fact, part of me's looking forward to it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home