Friday, November 25, 2005

Edwin's Operation -














In the space of 24 hours, my brother Edwin went through some serious pain, some confusion, then the 6th operation of his 19 years. Happily, he appears to be on the mend now, and has been allowed home, but it was a frantic night and day for my folks. I managed to get up to Nottingham on the day, and record his stay through a few snaps which he's allowed me to put on here. So thanks to Edwin for that!




























Eddie had woken up in a lot of pain on Tuesday night. After a couple of hours, Mum and Dad took him to hospital, before the stomach pain got even worse through the day. By the time I arrived in Nottingham, at 2pm, he was already in the operating theatre with suspected appendicitis, and Mum and Dad were exhausted from a night of very little sleep.

He came out at around 4, but knackered from the pain and the anaesthetic, it was 5 o'clock before Edwin woke. I stayed with him for a few hours while Mum and Dad went home, and at around 7pm, he started talking to me about the Forest results, which is when I thought he must be on the mend!





























When I told him he'd had his appendix removed, he asked me "but where did it come from?!" "We've all got one," I replied, "but the good thing is, when it's out, you physically can't get appendicitis again. So that's one bonus!"

Ady phoned from Australia the next morning, worried about Edwin and, I think, glad that he's coming back this weekend. Ed will be more than pleased to see Ady again, not least because he'll need to rest at home a lot for the next two weeks! So come on Ady, but enjoy Hong Kong first!














The funny thing about going to the Queen's Medical Centre was that when Eddie was born, he spent a lot of time there because he had a hole in his heart, so it was funny to be back in the hospital again. On the spiral walkway, Mum even asked me "have you walked here before?" to which I replied "yes, when I was four." She seemed disappointed, I think she wanted to catch me out!














By Thursday morning, he was far better, and allowed home yesterday evening, so it was a dash back to work for me - this photo below is the view from St Pancras coming into London. Last day at work today, it's been a long time, 7 months, back on VEE-TV Monday, looking forward to a fresh start. Before that, there's drinks to come tonight, and Ady's mercurial return at the weekend, which will surely be blogged!














Here's hoping Edwin's recovery continues to go well - and that you all have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home